Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
m1120 mfp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Driver ljM1120-hb-pnp-win64-en.exe stoped on adding printer drivers.

This mfp is not compotable with windows 10?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @Openpass,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you cannot install drivers for your HP Laserjet m1120 on Windows 10, and I am happy to help! 

According tot this website, HP Printers - Windows 10 Compatible Printers, it does show this printer as being compatible, so let's try some troubleshooting to see if we can get it working for you. 

How is the printer connected? Wireless or USB?

In the meantime, I would recommend to go through this guide, 'Printer is offline' Message Displays and the HP Printer Does Not Print, and let me know what happens! 

Hope this guide helps, and hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hello HP men,

I have HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP.

Quite recently I have also new laptop with OS Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit). So I have problem with the scanner from the multifunctional device. The printer works but the scanner doesn’t.

I have a problem like the first post:

Driver ljM1120-hb-pnp-win64-en.exe stopped on adding drivers.

How can I fix the problem.

Greetings.

HP Recommended

Some help, please?

HP Recommended

Hi sunshinee,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I would recommend to please try our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this will help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

1.     HP Print and Scan Doctor.png

2.    Installing.png

3. And that is all. The installation process stops.

HP Recommended

Hi sunshinee, 

Thank you for your reply! 

What happens if you try scanning without HP software? Scan Without HP Software (Windows 10)

To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below.

Let me know what happens! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So I tried:

All kind of scan software in win 10 but they do not recognize the device /the scanner/. There are no drivers.

HP Recommended

Hi sunshinee, 

Thank you for your response! 

Do you have another computer you can try installing the printer on to? Perhaps there is something wrong with the Operating System as well. 

Another possible solution is to try the Windows 7 full feature software and drivers, by downloading it from this link, and running it in compatibility mode

Otherwise, I would consider upgrading the printer to one that has full feature software and drivers available for Windows 10. Windows 10 Compatible Printers. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance for your upgrade options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Probably your OS (Windows) is a other language version than English. The link below should help:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/M1120-MFP-printer-driver-install-failes-windows-8/td-...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.