Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP M630z MFD
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The message constantly is displayed on the Control Panel. When I press the orange triangle at the top right, an arrow points to the document feeder rollers. I cleaned the rollers and pad and tried the reset on the document feeder, but it remained. I also tried installing a NEW document feeder kit (rollers & pad) and did the reset and message remains. I also tried searching the user manual for a 630 and didn't find anything about that message. I also tried a firmware upgrade and the message remains. If anyone knows how to reset that message, please let me know.  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I will try an give some information.On some machine you need to reset the service counters for the parts that ha been replaced.I will look out for this post and try and find the manual to  assist with this reset.This will only be tonight when i'm back from work.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

I mentioned in my original post that I had done a reset, I probably should have said that I not only did the reset and the upper left hand corner of the control panel, but I also did a reset via the reset supplies path, which resets the counter and still the messsage persists. I have actually looked at the user manual AND the troubleshooting manual and those methods don't work for this.

HP Recommended

I should also mention that I did two resets, oine from the control panel (upper left) and one via the "document feeder kit" reset.  Also, I upgraded the firmware and still the message persists.

HP Recommended

I did send a private message but i am not sure this will help.But maybe it's worth a try.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

That was the second type of reset that I had done, but unfortunately that method did not work either. But thanks for the try.

HP Recommended

Hello did you get a resolution for this as I have the same issue? I just installed the latest firmware but still have the issue!

HP Recommended

Yes, the message remains on display. I've tried two different types of resets, one on the main screen and one via reset for the document feeder kit and neither got rid of the message. I even went in as administrator & tried to reset and still no effect. I've tried updating firmware also and still it persists. I can't believe that HP would put out a message and not have a workable solution for resetting that message.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your relpy. Lets hope HP are monitoring this post for a speedy resolution.

In my case it was time to replace the ADF roller kit. After installing new HP branded kit within a few ADF functions, the message appeared! 

HP Recommended

We are seeing this same issue with our HP LaserJet Flow MFP M830.  We even tried updating to the latest firmware available on the HP Site 4.6.0.1 to no avail.

2018-06-13_11-54-41.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.