09-19-2019 12:16 AM
I want to install HP Laserjet M1217nfw MFP in a brand new computer with Windows 10 64-bit. The toner in the printer was bought from Amazon which is labelled as compatible, but the printer says it is incompatible. It prints well from other computers. However, I cannot install the printer in the new computer. I used LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe from HP to install the printer, but it cannot be finished at the step when it checks the toner. The driver is not installed and the printer cannot be used. Is there a solution for this? Thanks.
09-21-2019 05:07 PM
Welcome to HP support
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver.
Click here to download the driver.
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee