Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Cannot print from my PC

HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a PC and a laptop on a home WLAN network. I can print from the laptop but not from the PC.

The FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick Nv2 in the PC seems to be working, internet function is just fine. I have 4 print jobs waiting.

The Wireless Newtowrk Test Report prints just fine and indicates that there are no problems.

My best guess is that the PC is not communicating with the printer. Any suggestions??

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
14 14 1 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Terry

I AM A HP EMPLOYEE

Yes u have guessed it right!

Here in this senario you can try to fix this issue by doing the following steps

Clear the Unprinted documents from "See wats printing"

Go to SERVICES>PRINT SPOOLER> RESTART THE SPOOLER

Then you need to check printing a test page from the Installed drivers

>Right Click on Printer icon >Printer Properties>PRINT TEST PAGE

Hope restarting the Spooler might fix this issue, If not you need to reinstall the Drivres again!!

Any queries pls revert back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Prabhu5

Thanks for your prompt reply, unfortunately I'm not much of a nerd and have to ask you a few more questions:

1. I've found the 4 documents under "See what's printing" and was able to eliminate 3 of them. The original document, about 1.5 mb will not delete. I've tried several times.

2. Where do I find SERVICES>PRINT SPOOLER>RESTART THE SPOOLER?  Is it located under Computer, System control, Devices and Printers or someplace else??

3. Where do I find Printer Icon ??

Thanks for your help

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
14 14 1 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  Terry

No problem will elobrate it .

To delete the files in see whats printing you can try this work around

1) Go to Search tab, Type >RUN>type 'Spool'> PRINTERS> Delete the Files from here

>For restarting the Spooler try this

2) Go to search type > Services >Print spooler> Right click on the print spooler>RESTART

3) You will find the printer icon in "DEVICE AND PRINTERS" in Control Panel

ANY QUERIES PLS REVERT BACK

I AM A HP EMPLOYEE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Prabhu5,

Thanks again for your well-meaning instructions. When you write "Search tab," I assume you mean go the Windows icon on the task bar, left click and then enter your text under "Search Programs/Files." I've tried this several times and when entering "RUN 'Spool' PRINTERS with or without the >> I get a message saying "No results have been found". All this takes place in the German language which I do speak.

When entering >Services>Print spooler> I get the same message again in German.  I guess I must be missing the point here.

However, by going to Devices und Printers I arrived at Printers und Faxdevices and found the little green check in the icon in front of HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 PCL 6. By right clicking on the icon a number of different options appear, one of which is "Problem Solving" which I tried. I learned that the PC was (somehow) not connected to the home network. Much to my delight the problem was repaired automatically and I can now print again from the PC.

Unfortunately, I often cannot follow simple instructions for solving problems, but in this case I seem to have stumbled onto the solution.

Thanks again for your time and help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation