Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP1025
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

HI all, i recently purchased a CP1025 laser jet printer,

im running mac os, i downloaded HP Easy start, i get No Devices have been found,

so i search around forums and do all troubleshooting steps... i change cables... i  disconnect the printer from the power cable... 

i reset the printing system from printer Settings etc... at some point, im asked from mac to download drivers and install the printer... which i did... and now my printer is online!! so i print a couple of pages...  everything fine!

so the next day i plug my Macbook i try to print... and the PRinter is offline  i tried all above steps again... but still can get it to work ( i have done again the reset the printing system step... ) and now CP1025 is not even in my printers list...

any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @sneekpeek,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer wherein it is not there in the printers list and hence not printing.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not configured or installed.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the links below to install the built-in drivers from Apple Updates after uninstalling the drivers: 

1. Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

2. Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

well i tried this... and printer got installed, and printed a test page

next time i connect via usb printer is not recognised... followed all previous steps and still can make the printer

recognisable

HP Recommended

@sneekpeek

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Perform a power reset.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer

Once that is does, click here and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article to fix the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.