Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M27
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

1 page prints, then it tells me that it is cleaning, the the other page prints. 

I am trying to print invitations on card stock. 
The pages are 14cm across the top and 19.7cm down the side. 

1 page prints, then it tells me that it is cleaning, then it tells me that the paper size is not letter, I have to select 'ok' then it will print more.

To say that I have 200 invitations, plus RSVP cards, envelops etc to print this is going to drive me insane!

I have done a hard power reset, by unplugging the power cord from both the wall and the printer- waiting and then plugging it back in. I have changed from the power bar to the wall. 

I have confirmed that both the software and firm ware are up to date. 

I have manually cleaned as well as asked the printer to clean the cartrigages. 

I see that it could be a paper mismatch- I have addressed this too. The Word file shows the proper size of the page. I have changed the page preferences in the printer to match the card stock- and this didn't help. 

Please help. I am just trying to print wedding invitations. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If possible at the printer you need to set the tray you are using to custom size and specify the size of the media you are using and I would also set the type to cardstock. In the driver on the computer you need to set the same size and type for the tray you are using and then it should all work. When the printer does not think the correct size was used it goes into cleaning mode since incorrect size media can cause excess toner to be on the transfer belt. Once you have resloved the media size and type issue everything should work just fine. If you go to the reports menu on the printer and run a config report it will tell you what size and type the printer thinks is in each tray. The tray you are using has to match the driver settings (preferences) on the computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.