mkc6328
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Clear forgotten password - HP MFP 225dw

HP MFP 225dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been looking through the forums on how to do this but haven't found a solution.  I forgot what I set my admin password for my MFP 225dw.  I'd like to clear the password or just factory reset the printer.  I've tried the soft reset by performing the steps of clearing the NVRAM and tried holding the corner of the touchscreen as described in some videos online.  Any additional steps on how to reset the printer or clear the admin password would be much obliged.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,261 23,217 1,945 3,071
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Clear forgotten password - HP MFP 225dw

@mkc6328 Greetings from the HP Community!

I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: 

Click here to know how the private message function works.

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation