Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quantumburnz
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Color LaserJet 3700n Vertical Lines on Side of Page After Door Opened and Closed

LaserJet 3700n

Hi everyone,

When I open and close the front door of my LaserJet 3700n, the first page has lines on the side like this.  The second page has it on about a quarter of the page and then it clears up after that.  It seems to be pretty consistent whenever the door is opened and closed.  Anyone have an idea of what would cause this?

Thanks!

Image (3)_small.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Level 13
7,129 7,121 557 997
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Color LaserJet 3700n Vertical Lines on Side of Page After Door Opened and Closed

Looks like it may be coming from the edges of the transfer belt. When you open the door are those marks on the edge of the transfer belt. I have see this occur although they would not go away when the belt needed replacement.

0 Kudos
quantumburnz
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

davidzuts,

First off, I really appreciate your prompt replies and support!  I concur with your assessment about it coming from the edges of the transfer belt.  I emptied the waste toner bucket in the transfer kit (not sure how to dispose of the waste toner other than send it back to HP with a used cartridge at some point so I'm open to opinions on this), and I think the lines appeared more often before I emptied the waste bin.  I also recall seeing the lines on the transfer belt.  However, since emptying the waste bin, fixing the solenoid, etc., I don't think I see the lines on the transfer belt anymore, and like I say, they seem to go away after printing a couple pages after the door is closed now.  Seems very strange...

From your experience, are you saying you've only seen this when the transfer belt needed to be replaced?  I think I'll start to keep an eye out for well priced transfer kits for the future anyway - amazing how expensive they are...

Chris

0 Kudos
lokl8
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a squeegee at the bottom of the transfer unit that wipes off the toner.  I unsnapped mine and cleaned it thoroughly after cleaning no more color bands.

0 Kudos
things4u2get
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having exactly the same printer output after fixing the issue with error 59.99. and re assembling the printer. Would the transfer belt cause this issue? My printer doesn't have that high a page count (still on first original toners after all these years!). 

Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
quantumburnz
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm pretty sure I tried replacing the transfer belt with no improvement. I never was able to solve the issue...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation