IguyKing
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Color Laserjet M452dn suddenly slow printing

Color LaserJet m452dn
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Suddenly my color printer is taking over a minute to print a simple black and white page.  

When I print via the reports pages, it picks up and spits out the page within 10 seconds or so.   

It used to work just fine.  I've tried restarting it, cold starting it with the power disconnected, replaced all 4 color OEM cartridges with new ones I had.   I checked firmware, drivers.   Nothing's changed from a week ago when it was working fine.   

What happens is it starts to try to print as it sees there's a new job to print.  It spins up then after about 20 seconds it stops, then starts again and that second time it actually prints the page. 

Last time this happened I moved all the cartridges around and then suddenly it started working as I expected it to.   Obviously that didn't work this time.  

What is going on here and how can I fix it?   

2 REPLIES 2
Level 10
Level 10
3,210 3,197 305 627
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try printing from a different program. This sounds more like a driver or computer issue not a printer issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
IguyKing
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This happens regardless of what app is used.   

This is something that suddenly happened.  It was fine last week.   Other ideas?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation