Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technomaniac
Level 2
12 8 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ColorLaserjet 4550N Error Message Density Sensor Out of Range- Clean Density Sensor-Where is it?

Color Laserjet 4550N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All.              Recently started using this older color laserjet printer which I bought at a garage sale some years ago. Had some issues getting it to work through a USB socket, and now it drives OK some of the time, probably needs more cleaning than I have given it ---Havent found a manual suitable for a technician (I'm an electronics engineer, but office equipment and computer gear is not my specialty), I suspect such manual may be for restricted distribution.... But anyway, my urgent problem is an error message,  "Density sensor out of range -- Clean Density Sensor"...... As all of the manuals I have downloaded are useless in regard to servicing (for which the local HP service agent is supposed to be called in), and I have no idea where the sensor is, and I recently cleaned up everything but the rotating  toner cartridges,  That was before this message appeared... I was hoping for some information as to where I might find this sensor, before I start the module removal process.  Firstly, can anyone tell me about the sensor, and secondly, can I please download the technicians repair manual??  I promise I won't go in competition with any local dealers, My budget doesnt allow me to have the printer serviced by the dealer. I have to service all of my own gear.

Technomaniac
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10
2,810 2,798 252 525
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ColorLaserjet 4550N Error Message Density Sensor Out of Range- Clean Density Sensor-Where is it?

You can purchase the manual for a $1 from feedroller.com

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Technomaniac
Level 2
12 8 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.  I was able to download the manual, clean the sensor and eliminate the error message. Thanks heaps.

Technomaniac
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation