Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress m2020

Hi

I am a microcontroller developer. I have designed a customized device with different options. Through this way, I wanna add some printers driver to my device. One of these printers is samsung xpress m2020, but I can't handle it. Because there is no reference for commands set, just I know it is host based printer. I was wandering if you help me. If there is a documentaion about this to drive this printer for printing text,graphic,.. , please give me.

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Host-based printers are "stupid" the majority of printer commands are translated on a PC prior to being sent to the host-based printer. So if you send a PCL print command directly to the host-based printer you will confuse the printer and won't get anything printed.

You need to get a better printer that supports fully PCL.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Yes I know, but I've seen some companies which are done that! Just wanna know, how?? As you said, I sent some pcl commands and I got nothing!! I am not sure about this, but I think they've got command set from HP or Samsung. I am able to drive all printers that support Postscript or PCL language. Prinerts like xpress m2020 or hp m102 are very cheap. So some customers desire to use them instead of others.

Please help me

HP Recommended

Is there anybody who knows about it??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.