cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Configuring the Scan Feeder on an HP MFP M479 Printer

HP Recommended
HP MFP M479
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! I've recently reinstalled my printer drivers and for some reason I've lost the configuration to a handy setting. Previously I could simply place documents onto the top scan feeder and the printer would recognise that documents where in the feeder. I'd use the touch screen to select scan, then choose my PC to scan. It would give me the option to scan both sides and the scan would find its way to my PC.

This is no longer working and I don't know how to set it up again

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,950 28,670 4,997 11,358
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do you mean by this is no longer working?

What exact steps are taken to scan?

What exact error message or behavior is shown when this is no longer working?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no error message. When I place the documents into the feedser and send to my PC (1) CLick Home button, (2) CLick Scan (3) Click Computer (4) Select my PC on the network (4) Leave it single sided (5) Click send and it appears to have sent. I have no idea where it is on my PC?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation