Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro 200 Color
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Three ink cartridges later I still don't know if it is the printer or the ink.  HP phone support says I have to buy ANOTHER cartridge (at my own risk) to be able to tell if it is the ink or the printer.

Does anyone else understand how frustrating and ridiculous it is to already have potentially $260 lost and now I have to spend another $85 to 'see' if it is the printer or the ink?!?!?!  Can't be right.  If it is that is an unreasonable solution. 

Can someone confirm if HP would be willing to send me an ink to figure it out and then I will either buy more ink or buy a new HP printer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CALLIE8

Thanks for sending the picture of the toner.

It seems to be an issue with the toner.

Changing the toner should fix the issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@CALLIE8

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Laserjet Pro 200 color M251nw. I read that you have replaced 3 ink cartridges already and still are facing an issue with the printer. You have been advised by the HP phone support to try another cartridge to check if the issue is with the printer or with the cartridge.

I would say that if the previous 3 cartridges could not fix the issue then there is no need to try another cartridge. The evidence clearly indicates towards the printer.

May I know what is the exact issue you are facing with the printer since the actual issue was not mentioned in your post. I have provided the information based on the information provided by you.

Please feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

HP Recommended

Thank you for inquiring further.  Initial problem was the black ink (fairly new cartridge) - I printed something and the paper came out completely full of black ink.  Replaced with new black ink and then everything came out completely blue. Didn't have a spare blue so tried to fill the slot with a new yellow I had on hand.  The printer new it was yellow and not blue.  But before I go buying a new blue I want to know if it is the printer causing the problem or if it was the ink cartridges.

The black and blue cartridges have a noticable tear in them.

I look forward to your reply.

HP Recommended

@CALLIE8

You're welcome.

Before you replace the cyan (blue) toner, I suggest you to perform the following steps (if not done before) from this link.

• Print a cleaning page.
  • Perform additional print quality troubleshooting.
  • Inspect the toner cartridge for damage.

If the issue persists only then replace the cyan toner. Good luck!

HP Recommended

cyan.JPG

HP Recommended

I am fairly certain you will agree a cleaning is not going to help with this cartridge.

HP Recommended

@CALLIE8

Thanks for sending the picture of the toner.

It seems to be an issue with the toner.

Changing the toner should fix the issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.