Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have this same problem. I have an HP officejet pro 8710. I tried printing a 50+ page document and halfway through the paper jammed. I fixed it and it keeps jamming over and over. It is jamming in the back coming out of the paper tray. I can't even get one page without a jam. Please help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Printer needs servicing. In such scenario, mostly the disk encoder or encoder strip could be causing issue. Kindly, contact HP Customer Care Support team for service.

HP Recommended

I think this is looking in the right direction.I have found a few printers where the gear on the paper feed wheel inside the machine on the left hand side actualy cracks open.Try to explain this is the gear in line with the printhead on the left of the machine looking from front.It is like a clutch effect gear on the roller.Sorry but this the best way i can explain and i dont have any photo's.

Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Hi 

I would be more than glad to assist you. 

I would suggest you to clean the area where the paper gets jammed frequently and try pritning.

Incase issues then the printer needs to be serviced . You could call at HP toll free **bleep**.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thank you for choosing HP product. 

Please find the HP support document for Paper Jam issues here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04957421

Hope this help and appreciate for your feedback.

Thanks.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

HP Recommended

hello,

You printer need servicing

Due to continously printing

the parts are need to be changed aor need to be cleaned

paper jam someimes occure due to dust as well

I suggest you to clean the roller and inner area whenever there is paper jam

For further querry you cant contact to us

Thanku for choosing HP

I am hp emplyoyee

HP Recommended

My Brand new HP 8730 printer is saying Paper Jam 

there is no paper jam 

Help please 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.