Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 1102W Laser Jet Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can someone please tell me what damaging my printer's drum? I bought new drum few months back and after few prints these scraches appear on drum and i dont know what causing this. 

2018-09-19 16.12.21.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's normal for a drum to look like that.

When drum turnen by the printer two sides of the drum are easy to become like that naturally.

Usually they are outside of the two sides of the paper so it won't be any problem.

But if it really gets any problem you will see one or two edge side's of black line from top to bottom of all page.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

When this drum is in the printer are scratches on the left or right side of a printer?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

It's normal for a drum to look like that.

When drum turnen by the printer two sides of the drum are easy to become like that naturally.

Usually they are outside of the two sides of the paper so it won't be any problem.

But if it really gets any problem you will see one or two edge side's of black line from top to bottom of all page.  

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

As mentioned by other members if its not affecting the prints its not serious,but i will explain what causes this.On the drum unit sides there are seals that prevent the unit from spilling toner out on the sides.I don't think there is any way to prevent the scratching on the drum though.I never had to solve that because it does not affect the copy quality of the prints.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.