Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LasterJet M479dw

When I reboot the printer, the date/time are reset to default values.

Is there something wrong with my printer?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Sounds like something wrong to me, the date and time should be maintained through a normal reboot.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

There is a clock battery on the main board that will charge up after the unit has been plugged in for a day or two.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

My unit has been plugging in for more than a month and it still loses the date.

HP Recommended

Ok, that is out then. When you say resets to default can you explain more of what that means please? It sounds like a hardware issue but might be linked to time and date settings if you have the system set to coordinate time with an NTP and that server is not available or has incorrect time set on it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It resets to 2001-01-01

HP Recommended

I would arrange warranty service as that really looks like a bad formatter.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Reset at power cycling. No setting to correct date later.

HP Recommended

What printer do you have? I suggest you start a new topic with more details as it will likely get more views and help.

HP Recommended

I found this thread from searching on the name of my printer. M479dw. So I have the same kind of printer as the thread starter and exactly the same error.
So I do not see any use of start a new thread in this manner.

Your post cannot be a solution, when there is no solution to the problem in your answer.  To start a new topic, is not a solution.   😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.