Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I would recommend contacting HP. They should provide you with the options to resolve this problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Yes, I will. But I have turned to the store before, see what they can do about it.

HP Recommended

Now I have had a technician here three times and replaced three different circuit boards without solving the problem. He told that the printer will be replaced and for sure it will be examined to find the error.

I will have a new printer, hopefully without this problem.

I feel that HP has been really helpful and service minded in my case!

HP Recommended

Yesterday, HP Support was here with a brand new printer and replaced my machine. We started it and tried a scan. Then powercycled the machine and... Exactly the same error on this machine!

So there must be a error in the firmware. HP will elevate the error and make a fix in the firmware. That is what I know now.

So if someone else notice this problem, please write it in the thread. HP was surprised no one has noticed.
I have noticed only on the scanning file names where the dates resets.

There is also no date settings in the machine. Needed to login to the machine thru its IP-address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.