Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet M607n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just unboxed a new Laserjet 607n.  I want to set uo the security . I went to the  security tab of the web interface and it asks for the administrator password.  I have no idea what the password is.  I searched for a couple hours on the HP site to no avail, with no answer even cominbg close to "What is the default password for a M607".  I tried a few common ones:

1. blank

2.admin

3. administrator

4. letmein

None worked.  No one could have already set a password unless at the factory.  I opened the sealed box myself.

What is the password I need?

Mark

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OUt of the box M607 - can not sign in as admin.  Not at the printer and not via EWS.  Tried to use Virtual Agent, but got totally nonsense suggestions.  Tried to use Chat, but the service is not working.  Could not find Phone Support Number on the website.  HP -Please remove all suggestions that you are customer centric from your web site as you have proven that such statements are false.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.