Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My "Printing Defaults" for my HP Colour LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw are set with General Everyday Printing to a Paper size of A4.  However, some while ago I adjusted the paper size for one application to print a photograph to "Small Photo".  Ever since, Word documents default printing goes to a paper size of A4 but Adobe and Corel documents default back to a paper size of "Small Photo".  If I go to "Properties" and change the paper size from  Small Photo back to A4, it will stay on A4 until I close the document but on reopening it the printer size has defaulted back to Small Photo.  How do I get the default to stay on A4?   

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try changing the paper size setting in the Printing Preferences section of the printer driver.

HP Recommended

Many thanks - you sent me on the right track.

It was under the "Settings" menu.  I selected "Printers & Scanners" - selected the printer and then "Manage" - "Printer Properties" - "Preferences".  This finally brought me to the same "Printing Preferences" menu window that i thought that I had changed from the desktop icon for the printer but it was showing "Small Photo".  I changed it to A4 and, hey presto, the printer default on my Adobe and Corel applications has finally returned to A4.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.