Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am not able to access network menu on my 1536dnf printer. I get asked for a password which I can't even remember to have set. Could you please help me to get a new password so I can get access to the menus on my printer? Thanks a lot in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Ok, got it. I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi Kennetha74,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your printer.

Are you trying to use ePrint through network connection?

I'm not entirely sure which password the printer is asking for and I assume it might be the printer code.

I've provided a link below to help troubleshoot your issue and scroll down to this topic and see if this works.

--> "What if I lose my printer code before registering?"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2585903

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others.
HP Recommended

The printer is not connected to the network, thus I need to get into the menus to activate network connection and when I try to do this the printer asks for a password.

HP Recommended

Here, try these instructions:

Turn off the product security from the front panel:

1. Press the setup button (Wrench icon)
  2. Select System Setup
  3. Select Product Security, and then change this to off

If the instructions above did not help with the problem, you'll need to reset the printer.

I'll send those intructions through private message. Please check your inbox.

HP Recommended

When I select system setup, the printer asks for password :indifferent:

HP Recommended
BTW, did you try this?

user- admin
password - password
HP Recommended

password was not accepted. By the way, I don't get prompted to enter user name, only prompted for password.

HP Recommended
Ok, got it. I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.
HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue, already posted a message about this once but could you please send me instructions how to reset it? I really need to access the menu by now.

HP Recommended

Hi mvdsalm,

Sorry to hear that you're having similar issues with your printer.

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.