Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet 2600n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own an HP Color LaserJet 2600n printer. The problem is that when i'm sending a print from my computer, colors are always too fade and hard to see. Black is ok. Strange thing is that if i print Demo page, colors are bright and crystal clear so i don't think it is toner or drum issue. I've looked in properties when i'm sending the prints and colors are selected including high quality prints but colors just refuse to appear bright. They're always too fade. Anyone had this issue before and found a solution? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tonerspills Your idea helped me think possible solutions that i didn't before.

After searching more, i found out that driver i had already installed was the latest HPs version compatible with windows 7 x64.

Then i discovered the Firmware Updater file setup in a separate file. After running a firmware update to the printer, colors came back to normal. Thank you for your idea, it really helped me search something i've never thought before and find the right solution. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Try printing from a different program.  Some programs produce better results than others.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.

I've already tried different software to print from with no change.

HP Recommended

You might want to try a different print driver then. If the internal demo page looks great, then its something to do with the print job being sent from the computer. A different print driver may resolve your issue. 

Is this a new DeskJet 2600 or one of the old 2600 LaserJet printers?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you very much for your response, i really appreciate it.

I never thought about that because i always believed driver either works or it doesn't work at all. In my case, after installing driver (Network install not USB install), documents were sent ok to the printer without problems (Windows 10 x64 latest version 1903 & build).

The truth is that i searched for the driver through the internet because i have lost the original cd driver. So i downloaded one from the first webpage i found it because i wasn't able to locate the driver at HP's website (if i see properties of the file it is Version: 1.4.1926.0 - Description: HP Webpack - Name of signer: Hewlett-Packard Company).
Do you have any suggestions to try? 

P.S. USB installation is not an option in my case because we need to use multiple people the printer on LAN.

P.S.2 It's the old 2600n Color LaserJet printer

Thank you so much for your time!

HP Recommended

@Tonerspills Your idea helped me think possible solutions that i didn't before.

After searching more, i found out that driver i had already installed was the latest HPs version compatible with windows 7 x64.

Then i discovered the Firmware Updater file setup in a separate file. After running a firmware update to the printer, colors came back to normal. Thank you for your idea, it really helped me search something i've never thought before and find the right solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.