Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

We have had the HP 2540 Deskjet All-in-One printer since November, 2015. I have had nothing but problems with printing. I have called customer support so many times. I don't how I didn't find this disucssion forum before, but so glad I did. I tried the different drivers as I have Windows 8. I wasn't getting anywhere. I then removed the printer, and installed the HP 2540 Classic Series Driver. Finally, it is working. I am having no issues. I am so happy no more pop ups saying I am low on ink, no more pop saying your printer needs attention. I work for a marketing company, and we have to print out all our paperwork. I am so happy I found this site. Thank you for the solution!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your hard work.

It worked first time.

Cheers Pete

HP Recommended
I have had this problem for over a year with this printer!!! It worked!!! Thank you so much!!!
HP Recommended

Hi all! I had this exact same issue with my Deskjet 2540 for many months. I searched the internet, took different advice on board to no avail. However I persevered and have finally found a solution that works for me. I am hoping that it works for others too! Please let me know how it goes if you try it. I have always used a USB to connect my printer to my laptop so I haven't got a solution for those who print wireless. 

To begin with, I have Windows 10. Go to the start menu, type 'printer' in the search bar. Click into 'printer and scanners' find the specific printer  you are trying to print from, click into it and then go on 'manage' followed by 'printer properties'. Click the 'ports' tab and make sure the USB port/option is ticked (mine was listed as USB001) and then 'apply' the new changes.  

This worked a treat for me and suddenly all of my documents started to print through.

If you try this then let me know if this does or doesn't work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.