06-24-2017 02:38 PM
My printer will not print. I have tried wirelessly, connected through USB, resetting, etc. Even trying to pring an alignment page, it just shows "Printing alignment page..." on the display and does nothing.
06-25-2017 03:52 PM
A warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding printing issues. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂
Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you further I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
- Did it occur after a recent app or OS update?
- For now please make 2 copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.
- If it copies fine then reset Mac printing system from here https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen... and add the printer as an HP printer and not Apple Airprint.
- This should do the trick for you.
- For scanning, you could download the HP easy scan app and use it. This link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04788799 shows you how to do it.
If the copy fails. The printer has a hardware issue and needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.
- HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead 🙂
I am an HP Employee