Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

there are drivers in Windows 8 64 Bit for the Deskjet 710C printer - but there are not working. With Windows 7 64 Bit i had the same problem (under Win 7 32 Bit the 710C printer worked fine) and made this workaround:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/Deskjet-710-720-810-820-1000-Series-printer...

But this workaround doesn´t work under Windows 8 any longer.

I know this is an old printer - but its the best printer of the world - its just running and running and running....

Help would be appreciated

Best regards

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
You could try using an alternate print driver for the printer. I'll link a post I made that points you to those steps. On a different topic, you may want to start looking at a different printer. Since your printer requires a Parallel Ports to connect, and almost now computer supports that type of connection, I'm betting you have to rely on a Parallel to USB adapter. Those adapters are notorious for not working like they should. If you can get it working, that is awesome, but if not, you might want to think about looking at upgrades.

How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my new pc, but the current solutions does not work out for me,

to connect my printer i use a usb to parallel converter cable, 

the cable and printer are nicely recognized but nothing comes out of the printer,

the hp print and scan doctor sees the printer but could not communicate with the printer.

regards Jacob 

HP Recommended
i have connected a different printer (black and white) to the same usb to parallel convertor, and this works nice and fine, but how do i get my color printer to work?
HP Recommended

Is there an alternative driver for the Deskjet 710c that i could use? the windows 8.1 driver for 710c is not working 

HP Recommended

Hi Jacob_b and welcome to the HP Forum,

I understand that you are experiencing issues with your printer not being recognized. I will try my best to help you resolve this.

In this document for The Printer Does Not Print in Windows 8 and is Listed as 'Unknown' or 'Unspecified' or Appears with ... are some steps that may help you with this issue.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

pitty but the document you proposed did not help, the php install wizard does not detect my printer

it is connected as  http://192.168.2.5:630/710C (this is working fine from my wifes pc with windows)

i could installed the windows driver from microsoft for the deskjet 710c but this one does not work.

so no sulution yet, any other idears how to get this printer to work on windows 8.1?

HP Recommended

Hi Jacob_b,

I am sorry to hear that did not work for you.  I have investigated this issue and found that at this time there is no alternate driver that will work for the Windows 8.1 operating system. You can sign up to Get connected with updates from HP to have the latest updates emailed to you.

Sorry I could not get drivers for you at this time, but if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I was about to buy a new computer, a HP 500-110ef, but since HP no longer updates correctly printers, I decided to turn to Dell for my computers and my printer.

I will never buy an HP product as long as you don't make a windows driver for my Deskjet 710C 8.

Your lack of seriousness is simply outrageous.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.