Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp Laserjet Pro 400 MFP

Hi guys, 

I am afraid I have made a mistake and I am really hoping theres a cheap solution to rectify it. Basically I found my dad's Latesjet pro 400 and decided to plug it in. It turned on, then turned on and off repeatedly and went compeltely dead. 

Now I know what the issue is, I didn't realise this was a printer he brought in from the US and we are in Pakistan now. So the printer required 110V power supply while I was providing it with 220V. So I have basically single handedly fried this machine that costs over $400. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this? We dont have an HP service center here (not one that I know of) and so I wont be able to take it back to HP, my best bet is to take it to a local printer shop and see what they can do. But just so I know what I am looking at, is there a fuse in there which once replaced will fix the printer and I will invest in a step down voltage regulator and blissfully use my printer? 

Thanks in advance. 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry but the printer is now toast. Not only was the dc controller/powersupply blown but you also blew the heating element in the fuser so the cost of repairing will be more than a new printer. Sorry.

HP Recommended

The laserjet printer comes in two power specifications i.e. 110 V and 220 V.

Internal Parts of Printer like Formatter,  SMPS , Fuser etc will be different with respect to the power specifications.

There are possibilties that SMPS unit has got damaged or smps , formatter and fuser[heated rollers]  have got damaged.

For this you need to contact the HP Support.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.