Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP1513
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

For all print jobs, documents go to print queue then disappear.   Printer says "Printing", Green Light Flashing in Perpetuity, no output.  Same with testing Configuration Page, or any print command from within the printer's hardware control panel.

Interface: Ethernet.  Also tested with USB.  Interestingly, testing with USB print jobs never hit the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fellow HP printer owners.  After some back and forth and attempts to reset the NVRAM (holding down both  Right Arrow + Red X (Cancel) buttons for this model only), it appears the logic board is dead.  Off to the e-waste pile as it is out of warranty and 11 years old. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Unplugged power cord with power on, waited 15 seconds, and restored power cord.  Then used the hardware control panel to print Demo Page.  Printer says Printing, the green light just flashes in perpetuity.  No output from printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @CottagePRN

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Then try a test report.

Could you also share the product and a serial number of the printer?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you Jay_G24 for your reply.  I unplugged the power cord from the printer and the wall with the printer powered on. I  waited for two minutes and restored the power cord plugging directly into the wall.  I then used the hardware control panel to print a Demo Page.  The printer still says Printing, the green light still flashes in perpetuity.  There is still no output from the printer.

My printer model is a CC378A, the serial number is CNAC83T126.  I note is was manufactured in March of 2008.

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Fellow HP printer owners.  After some back and forth and attempts to reset the NVRAM (holding down both  Right Arrow + Red X (Cancel) buttons for this model only), it appears the logic board is dead.  Off to the e-waste pile as it is out of warranty and 11 years old. 

HP Recommended

HP 8730 jammed while printing a two-sided job. Ever since then I cannot get it to print.

Printer is in Offline status.  When a job is sent to the printer, it flashes green light on top of the printer status screen.

I've rebooted computer, unplugged printer, turned off and on, run HP Print Doctor, tried printing test page and internal test page (same result).  I've reinstalled the printer.

Same result.  Green light blinking, and print job stuck in queue.

Looking for any help.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.