Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M1217nfw MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to setup the printer on Windows 10 (64bit) but I've been failing and facing issues, windows cant install the drivers and it fails then recommends Hp Smart app, the app recognises it but once you try to print it redirects me to try and add the printer manually through printers and devices settings in windows, once I do these steps windows fails again says driver not found, I tried manually grabbing the driver files from the Hp website, but once downloaded and goes through the extraction process nothing happens and the installer doesnt appear.

So I tried downloading the firmware upgrade utility but surprisingly the file fails at downloading with the error File not found.....

please help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can try using the HP Universal Print driver. Download the driver and install manually as a TCP/IP printer. That will require you to connect the printer via ethernet cable to your network but is more trouble free than USB connections.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zS1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and follow the installation wizard.

Please let me know if that helps, HP Smart nor HP UPD should not be applicable for your printer as an older Host-Based printer, the full feature software should successfully install using the above steps.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.