Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I have a LaserJet P1102w and after Router change 

the wireless connection with the computer is non existing.

I have already uninstalled the old drivers. When I try to install

the fresh drivers, the execution stops right after extracting all 

the files, like nothing happened (no errors, no warnings). 

I tried to establish a wired connection but with no succes.

The new modem is a Linksys WAG120N. 

I know for a fact that everything is in perferct working condition.

Please HELP I have to print my dissertation until August.

Thank you 

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello friend,

I managed to solve my issue above after hours of tinkering, and these are the steps to my problem:

1) uninstalling all the existing drivers from the system,

2) rebooting the pc,

3) uninstall/disable all non-functioning devices from: control panel/device manager

4) Download fresh drivers

5) extracting the drivers with WINRAR!!

6) after the extraction run the setup.exe (or drivers.exe, or something like that)

7) Follow the installation instructions

Last 2 steps may or may not be usefull in your case:

😎 Manually tinkering with the WPS button and Router Security Settings

(because my router is stubborn), #thankyouLinksys

9) Changing ethernet port on Router

(because in my case: eth1 has a weird LAN vs WAN capabilities and messed things up), #thankyouLinksysagain

Good Luck Friend, feel free to send me more "HP symptoms" maybe i can help you more.

:Wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with an HPLaserJet Pro M130fw.  I have tried with wireless connection, ethernet connection, installed with firewall both on and off.  On the devices and printers page it indicates that the printer needs troubleshooting, but can not find the problem.  When I try to print using the part of the device that appears to be "on" (which is the fax), it says "this printer is not installed".

HP Recommended

Hello friend,

I managed to solve my issue above after hours of tinkering, and these are the steps to my problem:

1) uninstalling all the existing drivers from the system,

2) rebooting the pc,

3) uninstall/disable all non-functioning devices from: control panel/device manager

4) Download fresh drivers

5) extracting the drivers with WINRAR!!

6) after the extraction run the setup.exe (or drivers.exe, or something like that)

7) Follow the installation instructions

Last 2 steps may or may not be usefull in your case:

😎 Manually tinkering with the WPS button and Router Security Settings

(because my router is stubborn), #thankyouLinksys

9) Changing ethernet port on Router

(because in my case: eth1 has a weird LAN vs WAN capabilities and messed things up), #thankyouLinksysagain

Good Luck Friend, feel free to send me more "HP symptoms" maybe i can help you more.

:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.