Feenix3k
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers install stop at extraction of files

HP Lasorjet Pro P1606dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Windows 10 laptop that will not install drivers . It exstracts the files the stops. No error codes. I reloaded window 10 on my old ;artop to give away. But it does the samething on it too. I don't know if the last Windows 10 update did something where they will not install.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
PHBecker
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my LJ1300.

Just rebuilt Windows10 from latest installation source -- Printer was not recognized (it's old) -- downloaded the latest LJ1300 software from HP support pages and tried to install that driver package, but with no visible effect.

I suspect HP and Microsoft have to sort out a major problem with HP drivers and the way Win10 makes use of them. Even Windows Update recognizes my incomplete driver installation but fails badly to install the driver from the Microsoft database.

Regards

PaulH

0 Kudos
PHBecker
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my LJ1300.

Just rebuilt Windows10 from latest installation source -- Printer was not recognized (it's old) -- downloaded the latest LJ1300 software from HP support pages and tried to install that driver package, but with no visible effect.

I suspect HP and Microsoft have to sort out a major problem with HP drivers and the way Win10 makes use of them. Even Windows Update recognizes my incomplete driver installation but fails badly to install the driver from the Microsoft database.

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
25,847 25,575 4,582 9,995
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

For the P1606, browse to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution.

Double click HpSetup.exe which will launch the installation, then follow the steps on screen.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Praneel
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  That worked.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation