Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp mfp m126nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The prior product installation failed to complete. the partially installed files must be uninstalled.

how to solve this error tried all the methods in the old queries

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Bhaskar7
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all but no use. Pls solve it as fast as possible

HP Recommended

@Bhaskar7

Thank you for posting back.

Let's create a new user account and try to install the printer: 

To create a new account, log in through any account with administrative privileges and follow these steps to create the account:

1. Click Start  , and then click Control Panel.

2. Under User Accounts and Family Safety, click Add or remove user accounts.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Image: User Accounts and Family Safety options

3. Click Create a new account.

4. Type the name for the new account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

The account has been created.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No use i tried in safe mode also

HP Recommended

i have tried all the methods is there any solution for this?  I have to wait for 2 days for every single reply😤

HP Recommended

Hi @Bhaskar7

Perform a root-level un-install and then download the driver for Win 7 (64-bit) from this link

1) Right-click on the Start or the Windows icon and open run.

2) In the Run box, type %temp% and hit on "Ok". This will open the "Temp" folder.

3) Select "Date Modified" to "Today" and look for a 7z.... folder.

4) Open the folder and look for a .msi file.

5) Right click on it to install.

Try running the downloaded file in compatibility mode. Once the driver is downloaded, right click on the download in the browser and then click on "Show in folder". Right click on "Properties" and then click on the "Compatibility" tab. Select, "Run this compatibility mode for:" - Windows Vista. Also, check the box for "Run this program as an administrator". 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no use

HP Recommended

can you do anything regarding this issue?? its been a month

HP Recommended

@Bhaskar7

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.