Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

A user has a HP MFP M79 fdw printer directly connected via usb to the computer. It is able to print and scan but it can't print double sided. It only allows to print double sided manually. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers following the instructions in following link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Printer-does-not-print-double-sided/td-p/6538663 but that did not work. The printer is a new printer (about 2 weeks old) and the user does not believe they were ever able to print double sided.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check under Device settings is duplex set to Installed

duplex.png

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Also to add, I have checked the printer preferences but when i go to the Finishing tab it only provides the option for duplex printing manually.  

HP Recommended

Check under Device settings is duplex set to Installed

duplex.png

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.