cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
12 5 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Duplex Printing - HP MFP M479 fdw

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

A user has a HP MFP M79 fdw printer directly connected via usb to the computer. It is able to print and scan but it can't print double sided. It only allows to print double sided manually. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers following the instructions in following link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Printer-does-not-print-double-sided/td-p/6538663 but that did not work. The printer is a new printer (about 2 weeks old) and the user does not believe they were ever able to print double sided.

Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 5 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also to add, I have checked the printer preferences but when i go to the Finishing tab it only provides the option for duplex printing manually.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,451 4,440 522 701
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check under Device settings is duplex set to Installed

duplex.png

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation