Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M283cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Color LaserJet MFP M283cdw from Costco a couple of weeks back.  I tried to find an option to copy a 2-sided document to a 2-side copy, but I couldn’t find any.  Only option that I could find was copying 1-sided document to 1-sided copy or a 2-sided copy. 

I searched for a fix, and I saw the following message by an HP agent in one of the HP community discussion groups. “This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.”   I contacted HP Smart team through email regarding this, but didn't get a response. I would appreciate it if anybody could give some pointers to fix this issue of duplex copying?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I find your post a little confusing and hope you can clarify.

Are you trying to print 2 sided and the option is missing? 

Based on your post what i read is you want to 2 sided copy and cannot but you then state that one of the options is 2 sided copying.

So we are talking the same thing:

If you are placing a document in the scanner and producing a print of it that is called copying

If you print from the driver of the PC to the printer this is called printing.

It is not my intent to sound demeaning but to better understand what you are trying to accomplish you need to be clear on exactly what you are trying to do.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I am trying to make a copy of a 2-sided original which is placed in the feeder and I would like to get a 2-sided copy.  In short, a 2-sided original to a 2-sided copy.

The options that are showing on the printer are: 1) 1-sided original to 1-sided copy, and 2) 1-sided original to 2-sided copy.  But, there is no option for 2-sided original to 2-sided copy.

Hope it answers your question. 

HP Recommended

A look at the PDF specs for this series states that it does not support duplex scanning,

Repairatrooper_0-1595955977917.png

However the user guide for the product states that you can duplex copy. It would appear that there is an error in one of these documents.  The user guide says that there should be a button when you go to copy options that is labeled 2 sided. If it is not there my guess is that the device does not support duplex copy, however I have escalated this to the moderators and asked them to have someone from HP tech support look into this.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. 

There was a similar discussion in another thread (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/HP-Laserjet-Pro-MFP-M281-fdw-copy-2-sides-...

According to that discussion, this can be done but it needs some additional setup.  The instructions for this setup were provided to the customer through "Private Message".  

HP Recommended

On the post you reference @ShlomiL likely provided the correct answer. YOu can duplex but you will have to set it 1 to 2 sided and scan off the glass. As there was no follow up on the post regarding the private message, it is unlikely that the issue was resolved that way. The moderators have elevated this issue so you can expect a private message from HP directly.

HP Recommended

@RPK2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The ADF does not support duplex scanning, refer to the Product Specifications for the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283cdw (7KW73A) for details. Like mentioned in the above posts you can do the 1-2 sided. Refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows) for help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.