Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The CP1215 is older .. and when I go to check the properties, there is no reference to duplex (or print both sides) at all.

I moved this printer from an XP system that worked great (although Manual) to W10 and it has never duplexed .. 

As I do not seem to have this option, what do you suggest I do to get this option installed so that duplex (although manual) will work

HP Recommended

There's been a lot of talk on the net about Windows 10 messing everything up with various solutions e.g.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Duplex-printing-disabled-in-Windows-10/td-p/5521457

At various times I've done the following, each time with some success:

1.  Reverted to the original driver from the installation CD

2.  Forced an autoconfiguration via (with the printer switched on)

(Overall Windows) Settings -> Devices -> Printers & Scanjners -> (Your printer) -> Manage -> (Printer) Properties -> Device Settings -> Automatic Configuration -> Update Now

Then on Device Settings ensure that Duplex Unit  (for 2-sided printing) is set to NOT installed

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Setting the Duplex Unit setting to Not Installed is not a viable option.  Windows 10 detects this setting and then disables two-sided printing in all apps.  So if you open MS Word, there is no longer an option for two-sided printing.

I can duplex to the office Xerox, so the MS Word is functioning correctly.  It is only the P2015dn that will not duplex using the latest Universal Printer Driver.  I have tried both PCL and PS versions.  The driver can communicate with the printer and Auto-Configuration detects the duplexing unit and automatically sets it to Installed.  The print jobs just refuse to print two-sided.  This appears to be a pretty obvious driver issue with older model printers.  What we need is either a driver update or access to model specific drivers.  The Universal Driver is broken, but it is the only one available through the HP Support web site, so we can't even revert to an older model specific driver as a work around.  Very frustrating.

HP Recommended

Dear Tank252ca

That is not a printer that I am familiar with and I can relate to your frustration.

My suggestion is to contact HP Helpdesk, online.

https://support.hp.com/au-en (change or remove the /au-en if it's not appropriate for your location).

Colin.

HP Recommended

I have done some more testing and I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue.  I have tried both PCL and PS drivers  with USB support 6.7.0.23989, and the USB drivers fail to duplex.  The model we have is the P2015dn with network capability, so I disconnected the USB cable and attached the printer to the network.  When installing the latest Windows 10 universal driver 6.7.0.23989 Windows Defender blocks the installation, flagging one of the installation files as a trojan (Trojan:Win32/Powessere.G) so the driver will not install.  I then downloaded an older Windows 8.1 driver 6.1.0.20062 and managed to install it.  That driver does indeed print duplex under Windows 10, confirming that the printer functions fine but the latest drivers do not.

I also need to access the same printer through a virtual machine (Windows XP 32-bit running on Oracle VirtualBox).  Downloaded driver 60.63.461.42b and 61.074.561.43 and the installation either fails with Files Needed error stating that hpc20155.xml is missing or it searches for USB attached printers (PnP) and cannot find the network attached printer (using the EZinstall executable). I had to install the printer manually by extracting the files to a folder, setting up a local TCP/IP port and browsing to the hppcps04.inf file.

I have the printer working, but I can not remember the last time where I had this much difficulty simply installing printer drivers.  The hardware is great but the software leaves a lot to be desired.  While the printer is working, the driver reports that the printer goes off-line after a few minutes of inactivity.  The power has to be cycled off and on to get the printer to print the job in queue. I'll post again if get that figured out but hopefully the above will prove useful to others trying to get these older HP printers to duplex.

HP Recommended

I have a 2605dn printer that has lost the duplex function.  They tell you to always update your system and when you do, it takes functions away that I've had.  I had two versions of drivers, one with the duplex, now there's only one.  I've looked on the driver site and noted a new driver and tried it but no deal.  Is there any help?

HP Recommended

Several "new & improved" drivers in the past have introduced faults and I've always had to go bck to the driver that was supplied on CD when I bought the printer, V 10.0.17763.  I use the PCL driver.  See earlier comments for getarounds that I, and others, have had to use and note that everyone seems to find a different solution, depending on the driver version;  some of them are even mulually-contradictory.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

MY HP OFFICEJET PRO 8630e  ALL IN ONE CAN NO LONGER PRINT ON BOTH SIDES. IT USED TO UNTIL I UPGRADED A WEEK AGO.  PLEASE HELP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.