Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Color MFP E58650 (L3U42A)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a big problem with my Printer HP PageWide Color MFP E58650 (Model: L3U42A). It's about a year old.

I saw a new firmware version (2411097_060472) from 7. Aug. 2020 on the HP page, so I tried to install it through the printer's webservice. As soon as I clicked Start to update the firmware, the web service crashed with a white empty page in the browser. I tried the installation again, which didn't work. So I loaded the firmware onto a USB stick and installed the firmware successfully. The printer still crashes. It crashes immediately when starting the scan in a network folder, but sometimes it crashes arbitrarily. So I installed it again in pre-boot mode. I was able to scan twice but the error still appears. I installed the firmware again to make sure I had formatted the hard drive beforehand.

I called the HP support. He said I should remove the LAN cable and restart the printer. I waited and put the cable into the printer again, started the scan and it crashes. When I just start the printer and do nothing the printer is on for hours until I start the scan.

ErrorError

What's this problem or error message mean? How can I solve it?

Please help me. The printer was so expensive and I really need to work with it again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

I replaced the firmware with FutureSmart 4 with FutureSmart 3. I thought the newest firmware could be the problem. But I have also problems with the older firmware with FutureSmart 3.The printer / scanner worked for hours then I got a NEW error: 49.38.07

The printer is connected to a LAN switch since 14 months. It worked  for more than 13 months. I didn't change anything except the firmware on the printer and I have a new SSD in my laptop where is the shared folder to scan in it from HP.

What's the problem?

HP Recommended

Download the firmware readme file from support.Hp. Com and follow the instructions in that document on installing the firmware through the pre-boot menu.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.