Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can connect to the embedded web server without problem, but when I need to set up secure items, it get an error about the site certificate being bad.  The first time this came up, I said to go there anyway and I was able to set up the network location for network scans.  Now, it will not longer let me connect.  The error message only lets me close the site now.

Then, I entered the secure address in the Trusted Sites.  Now it asks if I want to connect or not, but even if I say yes, it goes to the screen that only lets me close the site.

My network is set up as 192.168.9.1, the PC is set up as 198.168.101 and the printer is set up as 198.168.9.111.  I have no problem printing to it.

Thanks,
 ...Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

rdeyoungaia1,

Most often certificate errors like the one you described can be attributed to date and time not matching up. Lets make sure the date and time are set to the same as our host PC. You can do this from the printer by going to Setup -> Preferences -> Date & Time. Set the time/date to be the same as the PC and try again. Let us know if it helps or if anything new crops up.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

rdeyoungaia1,

Most often certificate errors like the one you described can be attributed to date and time not matching up. Lets make sure the date and time are set to the same as our host PC. You can do this from the printer by going to Setup -> Preferences -> Date & Time. Set the time/date to be the same as the PC and try again. Let us know if it helps or if anything new crops up.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

That worked!  Not sure how the printer time got off, but it was wrong.

HP Recommended

rdeyoungaia1,

Glad to hear it worked. Let us know asap if you have any additional problems :smileywink:.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem on my OfficeJet 8600 Pro: after connecting to the 'Embedded Web Server', selecting Scan tab, Network Folder Setup, and allowing redirection to HTTPS. Usually IE gives me only one option on the 'there is a problem with this website's security certificate' page: click to close. Sometimes, it also allows me to 'Continue to this website...' which at least lets me get on with it.  But, there is no option to install a certificate and so fix the problem correctly.

I have adjusted the time on the printer to match the computer. No help.

HP Recommended

My date and time keeps reverting back and the cert error isn't fixed.

HP Recommended

my carepaq certificates are unable to print so pls respond to my request adn give youe valueble responce for my problem thank you

HP Recommended

Hello sunny6666,

From what site are you trying to print your CarePack certificates from? Have you downloaded the information to your computer? Please provided more detail.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.