Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer freezes during the 4th bullet when booting up and will not continue.  I have tried removing power for over 15 seconds...  How do I reset?

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Any answer to this, I am having the same exact issue.  Printer is new out of the box and was working when I installed - it did some update and now it will not finish loading.

HP Recommended

@MVanV

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer and the printer freezes whle booting up and does not work after that. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

• Did any hardware changes take place on the printer (paper jam, carrage jam, cartridge repalcement, etc.)?
  • Is there an error message/symbol on the printer screen?

While you respind to that please perform a ahrd reset in the below pattern on your printer:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persist then please remove the ink cartridges and check if the printer display an error in the absence of the ink cartridges. 

If the printer is stuck and does not other action then let us attempt to reset it. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.

Hope thishelps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

@LRosales81

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer and the printer freezes while booting up and does not work after that. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

• Did any hardware changes take place on the printer (paper jam, carriage jam, cartridge replacement, etc.)?
  • Is there an error message/symbol on the printer screen?

While you respond to that please perform a hard reset in the below pattern on your printer:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then please remove the ink cartridges and check if the printer displays an error in the absence of the ink cartridges. 

If the printer is stuck and does not other action then let us attempt to reset it. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

By doing a hard drain and resetting the printer it finally cleared the boot up.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@LRosales81

Glad to know that the issue is fixed and hope it remains this way.

Happy printing! 

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions but my printer is still frozen. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

How do I contact anyone at HP about them resetting my printer from HP as referenced in the answer from MKazi below?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Just purchased the printer today. Worked for two hours and then went into reboot mode and not getting past the first 4 blue dots. 

HP Recommended

@SuzieThompson,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!  I see from the post that you are having issues with the printer freezes while booting up. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Do you get any error message on the printer screen?

Have you tried to update the printer firmware? 

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

You can also update the Firmware, you can directly update the printer firmware from the printer control panel or download the software from our HP support website, 

For more details on how to update the printer firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If you have followed these steps and still having the issue, I would suggest the next step would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.