Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp M602
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I keep receiving this error when I am attempting to print. I previously changed the maintenance kit on this  M 602 machine. After changing this kit I started receiving this issue. Is this a common issue?  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

41.02 error on this printer is a laser/scanner error.  If the message does not clear, then you need to replace the laser/scanner.  If you are not getting a 41.02 error, then report back with the correct number.  The 05 does not mean anything.

HP Recommended

I've replaced the laser/scanner piece on this printer, and i'm still getting the 41.02.05 error code. Any ideas as to what to do now?

HP Recommended

The only other thing I can think of is the toner cartridge. The error is a beam detect and 99% of the time the issue is the laser/scanner. I guess if the shutter on the toner cartridge is not working you could get the error. The next hardware item would be the dc controller which controls the laser/scanner. Actually here is updated info I have found.

41.02.00 Error

Description

A beam detected misprint error.

Recommended action

Turn the product off, and then on.

Verify that the toner cartridge is in good condition and the shutter works properly. Swap toner cart...

If the error persists, replace the laser/scanner assembly and the Laser Scanner Cable.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.