Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LazerJet M1136 MFP Printer
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Name of the Product: HP LazerJet M1136 MFP Printer - scanner - photocopier.

Issue: Error 8.

Description: There is no issue in printing but scanner and photocopier is not working. It displays E8 i.e. Error 8.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am sorry, but cost of repair and related information needs to be obtained from local HP support team or service centre.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please check if this is a permanent error when device is in standalone mode (disconnected from network, USB connections) and power source is providing required power to the device, try swithching the power source to RAW if connected on UPS/power strip.

If it is a permanent error, then device may needs to be serviced through your regional HP technical support.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is a permanent error. What is the approximate cost for servicing the printer from HP Technical Support? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but cost of repair and related information needs to be obtained from local HP support team or service centre.

HP Recommended

Printer and photocopier are working fine but scanner does not work. Whenever scan command is given, the screen displays the message - "No scanner found". But, there is not issue with printing & photocopier. And, this problem is occuring since one month approx. 

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.