Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
EliteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Support,

I have this Error code 49.4C2D on my printer and i can't access or do anything.

When I disconnect the LAN cable, I can print the information page and it shows ready mode.

But when I connect the LAN cable, the error message appears again and I can't do anything.

Thanks for your support on how to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have some kind of print job or document waiting on the network to be printed that is giving you trouble.

Every time you connect LAN cable printer gets confused and shows 49 error, you will need to check depending on your network configuration and cancel all pending jobs on your local computer or on the server.

Clear all pending jobs/documents sent to that printer and everything should be fine.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You have some kind of print job or document waiting on the network to be printed that is giving you trouble.

Every time you connect LAN cable printer gets confused and shows 49 error, you will need to check depending on your network configuration and cancel all pending jobs on your local computer or on the server.

Clear all pending jobs/documents sent to that printer and everything should be fine.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

A 49 error indicates that the printer has received data it does not understand. Once you clear the queue as suggested in other replies you then want to make sure you have the most current firmware for the printer installed to prevent the errors from happening again. Download the firmware from support.ho.com and install it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.