Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LJ 4730 MFP

I'm having issues sending scans from our mfp via smtp relay. I keep getting the error message: "Error executing digital send job. Job failed." There are some things I'm unclear about.

Here's my whole setup so far:

In the Outgoing email settings of the mfp I have:

* smtp.office365.com
* port:587
* username: smtprelay
* password: "assigned"
* Domain: jerry.com
* Device email address: smtprelay@testserver.com

In the SMTP gateway settings of the mfp I have:
* Send E-mails directly from device
* Device’s SMTP Gateway: smtp.office365.com
* Port:587
* Maximum Attachment Size (MB):0

In Office365, under Mail Flow, 2 hybrid connectors.

• One inbound connector from organization email server to office 365.
  • Another outbound connector from office 365 to organization email server.

For the IIS 6.0 manager in our Win 2008 R2 server, under the Access tab of the SMTP virtual properties:

• Authentication -> Only anonymous access is checked
  • Connection -> Only the list below -> Granted access to 127.0.0.1
  • Relay -> Only the list below -> Granted access to IP of the mfp, and the IP of the SMTP server

Under the Delivery tab of the SMTP virtual properties:

• Outbound security -> Only anonymous access is checked
  • Outbound Connection -> TCP port: 587, everything else is default settings
  • Advanced Delivery -> FQDN =  stq12.testserver.com  -> Smart host = smtp.office365.com, the other check boxes are unchecked

I created a Security Group in O365 called HPLJ4730 with the HP's sending email address. 

* In Access Control, added the IP of the HP and the IP of your IIS SMTP Server as a minimum.

Are these all the steps needed to get it up and running?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.