Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a problem with a Laserjet 1022 printer.  It is USB connected to a Windows 7 computer.  When printing a Word document the printer will print an extra blank page.  I have looked at the settings and don't see any reason. 

I have connected the printer to a MacBook running Mojave and using driver 1.6.1 (default driver) and get the same result. 

Is there something wrong with the printer or am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sometimes its the driver and it might need to be updated.

Most of the time there is a setting within your print preference called Advance printing options you want to make that is disabled 

HP Recommended

I will look at that setting again.  However, the PC is running a different version of Word and has a different set of drivers than the Mac.  

If the printer is giving the same results with trying the PC and Mac then I doubt it is a setting.  But...I will try it out. 

HP Recommended

Check the setup of the printer to make sure that the paper size setting on the printer matches the actual paper loaded. I do not mean in the printer driver I mean the printer settings so you will likely need to use the toolbox to see the settings.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.