Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro M402DNE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I need to send some files via FTP to the printer and that the printer prints them out automatically.

I have a Laserjet PRO M402DNE on which the FTP does not work. 

FTP Print is enabled in the web-gui but it does not work.

I tried several ways to send files and even with the dos prompt it does not work.

I can connect via ftp using password but I can not get it to print. I get this error message all the time with .txt and .pdf files.

ftp> bin
200 Type set to I, Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> put test.pdf
500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this
425 Can't open data connection.
ftp>

Here the settings from the web-gui

Feature/Service Name Current Value 

Authorization Administrator Password On

PJL Security Disabled

Printer Certificate Installed

CA Certificate Not Installed

Access Control List Disabled

Firewall Disabled

HTTPS Enforcement Enabled

IPP Authentication Disabled

Web Services HP ePrint Disabled

Proxy Settings Disabled

Management SNMPv1/v2 Enabled

SNMPv3 Disabled

Telnet configuration Disabled

Syslog Disabled

Certificate Management Service Enabled

HP XML Services (LEDM) Enabled

802.1X Authentication Type Open Open Encryption Low (DES-56-bit, RC4-128-bit or 3DES-168-bit)

Print Protocols 9100 Printing Enabled

AirPrint Enabled

FTP Printing Enabled

IPP Printing Enabled

IPPS Printing Enabled

LPD Enabled Enabled WS-Print Enabled

Discovery Protocols Bonjour Enabled

WS-Discovery Enabled

SLP Enabled

Other Settings LLMNR Enabled

DHCPv6 Enabled

I have also 2 M442 and I have no trouble with them to print via ftp transfer. 

Is there something I missed. 

Thank you for any hint.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.