Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro M15W
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Many have asked this question - none of the responses have worked as far as i can tell. Surely a hard reset is possible? Not unplugging etc - that has done nothing as others have reported.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you - I returned the device due to lack of HP support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I checked both the service and troubleshooting manuals and both mention NVRAM reset but neither actually states how. You many need to contact HP technical support directly.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you - I returned the device due to lack of HP support

HP Recommended

HP support provided the following steps for me to factory  reset my HP LaserJet Pro M15w:

• Turn off printer by pressing power/ready button (button 3 in picture below).
  • While printer is off, press and hold the resume/cancel button (button 4 in picture below).
  • While holding the resume/cancel button, press the power/ready button to turn the printer on.
  • Continue holding the resume/cancel button for 20 seconds.

c05868608.jpg

HP Recommended

this helped to reset my computer but now when i go to install drivers the printer will not show up?  I bought this so i wouldn't have to use wires????? Please help or i will be returning the product

HP Recommended

it did not  fix it, its fine I'm just going to get a refund for it and get a different brand this always seems to happen with hp printers, so I'm just going to stop buying from them

HP Recommended

That did not work for me.

What now

hans

HP Recommended

Solution Worked.     Its a shame HP Support can't be more straight forward and make this information easier to find or part of the instructions that come with the printer or in the HP smart app, which isn't smart enough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.