Sandi-C
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False Paper Jam Laser Jet Pro MFP M130fw

Laser Jet Pro MFP M130fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Persistent False Paper Jam message, but there was no paper jam. I replaced the drum and then the Paper Jam message started occurring, but it seems unlikely that that has any connection to the problem.  I have reset the printer with plugs out, with drum and ink cartridge in and out, restored defaults, used wireless and USB connections, tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor program repeatedly, and updated software. Nothing helps. My printer was out of warranty before I opened the box due to a remodel, so the printer has only seen 18 months of light use and has not been abused. It seems like it should be able to work if the flag for the "Jam in print paper path ..." flag could be reset. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 10
2,486 2,475 222 460
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check the condition of the pickup roller or try printing from from another tray to see if that changes how it prints.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Sandi-C
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer is in pristine condition ... rollers and everything are all fine! If I could get past the error message, then I could possibly print, but there is only one tray. Do you know how to turn off the error message?

0 Kudos
Sandi-C
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there anyone in the HP community who might help turn off the Paper Jam flag on my printer?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation