Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

hi team I have the same issue as well any ideas

thanks

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@Shakuhachi1973, @macman2 Welcome to the HP Support Community!

How is the printer connected to the MAC?

Which application are you trying to print from?

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

For HP LaserJet CP1025, install the driver from HP Support site. Click here to download.

HP LaserJet CP1025nw(Wireless model) is AirPrint compatible. Install the printer using Apple AirPrint

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Kumar,

I thank you for your reply.

This printer can only be connected via USB, if I'm not mistaken, and that is how I have it connected.

I'm trying to print from word/pages applications, pdf files, jpg files all of which used to work perfectly before the Mojave/Catalina updates.

I've already installed the software, and nothing has changed. Still unable to print, after many restarts and resets of printers in settings, still nothing...

My printer is the Laser Jet CP1025 and not the wireless one.

I hope this helps and you can guide me to a fast solution.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Shakuhachi1973.

HP Recommended

@Shakuhachi1973

Thank you for the detailed response. Since you are using HP LaserJet Pro CP1025, yes it can be connected only via a USB cable.

Have you tried resetting the printing system and then try installing it?

To know how to reset the printing system, refer to this document.

Also, try creating a new user account on the mac and check if the issue persists. Click here to know how to create a new user account.

If the issue occurs in both the user accounts, proceed to the next step.

Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Now try adding the printer and print.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar,

Thank you for your message.

I tried reinstalling the printing and noticed that the driver it is using, the only one that appears as an option is one from 2012.

The file you showed me to download does not appear as an option to select it.

So I used the one from 2012 and still same error message Filer Failed.

I tried creating a new user account and still same problem.

HP Recommended

the same issue here. My Printer is connected via USB. I already went through all the orientations like re-installing the driver, delete/add printer; restart computer  MANY times. Nothing works.  Tried to print from several applications (word/pages/preview/e-mail). I always get the same "Stopped - Filter Failed" message - 

I really hope this gets resolved

HP Recommended

@,Shakuhachi1973, @terrabrasilis, That's unfortunate. if the issue persists after trying all the troubleshooting steps provided, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for the tips. Unfortunately I can also confirm this does not work.  

I can also confirm the printer does print from other devices correctly ie windows 10, windows 7 and earlier mac versions so this is definitely an issue with these drivers.

thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi again

It appears that the HP website support is rather like the printer drivers. After entering the correct information several times it results in an error.

HP we chose your product rather than a Samsung expecting a better experience........this is clearly not the case.

HP Recommended

@macman2

I understand your concerns and I would like to help

I suggest you remove and re-add the printer using Airprint and also ensure your Mac and Printer has all the latest updates

Printer Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Mac update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2015

After checking all those details, Remove and Re-add the printer using Airprint. AirPrint is an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to Print

Let me know how it goes😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.