Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

"Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" appears on display. Mac unable to connect via AirPlay, USB, or Ethernet. Several other posts with the same error appear to require NVRAM procedures sent privately from HP Support.

Please pass those procedures. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can you please provide the steps to reset the printer to factory defaults. The computer does not recognize the printer is connected to any computer via USB. After talking to the support staff, I find it appalling that HP support is trying to charge $149.99 to provide software to 'fix' the problem, when NOTHING will connect to the printer in the first place, so no external software is going to fix the problem!!! If the resetting NVRAM procedures can be sent privately from HP Support that would be great, otherwise just admit that it CAN NOT BE FIXED and we can move on... THUMBS DOWN HP!!!

HP Recommended

Let's try something first to see if the printer will recover without a NVRAM reset. Sometimes printers get into weird states and just need to be power reset, especially if you haven't instigated a firmware update. 

Perform a power reset:

First, make sure the printer is plugged straight into a wall outlet and not a power strip, surge protector or UPS.

With the printer plugged in and powered ON, disconnect the power cord from the printer. This will hopefully dissipate any  electricity stored in the printer that could be hindering it.
Wait at least 30, preferably 60 seconds.

If there is a power switch, turn it to the OFF position.
Plug the power cable back into the printer. 
Turn the printer ON with the power switch.

Hopefully this works, if not, let me know and I'll send you the NVRAM reset procedure.

I've also seen where the formatter board has simply gone bad and the only remedy is to replace it.

HP Recommended

Helo-

I followed the suggested procedures:

Wait at least 30, preferably 60 seconds.

If there is a power switch, turn it to the OFF position.
Plug the power cable back into the printer. 
Turn the printer ON with the power switch.

It did not solve the problem. Please send the  NVRAM reset procedure.

HP Recommended

I have sent you the NVRAM Initialization procedure in a private message. Good luck.

HP Recommended

Connect your printer with USB.

Send firmware update program and watch the LED panel if you got the right connected port then you'll see something programming on the LED panel.

If not the way change to another port and click apply, like from USB001 to USB002, if it still not work change to USB003 then click apply.......and so on, until you see anything change on the LED screen.

There must have one of a USB port will work and if it's not the way you might have another problem.

There's no need to re-send firmware again, just one time is enough.

After doing this well you may or may not save back your printer, if it doesn't work after all then you need to replace the formatter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.