Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
cp1525nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have scoured the internet for a fix for this error, but nothing seems to work. I have read many threads on this forum with people having the same problem as me and tried all of the suggestions on those threads, but I cannot get my printer to function. Is there a way to manually update the firmware on this machine so that it can be usable again?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@mossman813

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you receive an error stating the firmware corrupt ready 2 download for your HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.

Please perform the following steps before attempting the firmware update:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

We can attempt to download the firmware update manually via this HP link.

NOTE The printer needs to be restarted after the firmware update is successfully installed. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help, but unfortunately that did not work. When I turned it back on, the printer came back on but is still displaying the firmware corrupt message

HP Recommended

@mossman813

I truly appreciate your patience and hardwork.

I understand that the issue has remained unresolved. 

You may performed a reset on the printer. A private message has been sent with the NVRAM reset instructions for your HP printer. This reset will restore the printer to its original factory condition.

Hope this information helps.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Please perform the following steps before attempting the firmware update:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

We can attempt to download the firmware update manually via this HP link.

NOTE The printer needs to be restarted after the firmware update is successfully installed.  

Above are your directions to attempt to reinstall the corrupted firmware................... I am confused, as my printer, serial # CNBF232588 has a rocker switch for the Power on .... there is NO push and hold power button. I am still running into the same inability of the printer to communicate with the computer, for two reasons. 1) firmware corrupted, and 2) your HP smart repair software told me to uninstall and reinstall the software for my printer! Without communication, it CANNOT be reinstalled! I do have an older 32 bit HP desktop, that I have tried this with, also.... the firmware install seems to go smoothly, with the progress bar, etc. The smiley face comes on after progress bar indicates success. No joy on the firmware having been installed...... Any additional suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and I've tried to send frimware to my cp1525nw.

The updating tool showed success with a smile face.

However, the screen on the printer still showing the "firmware corrupt ready 2 download" after restarting the printer, and the firmware updating tool cannot reconize the printer anymore.

Please tell me how to solve it.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

The process for carrying out a firmware upgrade when you have this error are complex and multi-stepped.  I will see if I have those instructions stored and post them if I do.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have also done the suggested steps without success. Can I get the NVRAM reset instructions also?

HP Recommended

You need to try to re-send firmware through USB port.

You need to install driver which uses USB port first.

You surely already have a CP1525nw driver change its connected port from anything else to USB.

Then re-send the firmware if you do it right you'll see the updating processing going on th front panel.

If there's noting happened  on the panel you may have to change the connected port form USB001 to USB002 003..... one by one (if ther're more than one USB00x) to try which one is the right one. If you finally choose the the right USB00x one you'll see something change on the panel and waiting for its ending and CP1525nw will re-boot by itself.

If it works after re-booting you'll know, if it still doesn't work then you need to replace the formatter.

When re-sending firmware but nothing happening on the panel you need to change the USB port from one to the other, you don't need to re-send firmware again and again. All you have to do it just once and never need two times. Just change from one USB00x to USB00y and click apply and seeing what happening.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Here is a simple solution that worked well after numerous failed attempts to solve it.

1. Leave your power switch in the on position. 

2. Unplug your printer. 

3. Press the Ok and back arrow simultaneously and hold them. 

4. Unplug your printer for 5 seconds and plug it back in. This may take 3-5 times to work. But, it worked for me. 

I tried all of the other solutions and came up with my own. Now, I'm happily printing again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.