Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Cp1525nw

My cp1525nw shows "firmware corrupt ready 2 download", and I've tried to send frimware to my cp1525nw.

The updating tool showed success with a smile face.

However, the screen on the printer still showing the "firmware corrupt ready 2 download" after restarting the printer, and the firmware updating tool cannot reconize the printer anymore.

Please tell me how to solve it.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Since your updating firmware closed and succeeded but still no work, you have a bad formatter needed to be replaced.

HP Recommended

The Updating Tool is for updating firmware only, not sending firmware for a "firmware corrupt ready 2 download" error. The tool shows a status bar and a smiley face at the end, but does not actually represent anything. You could use it to send the file to a printer that isn't turned on or even connected, and you'd get the same result on the screen. It's just there for show, so users give the program time to finish, but unless you actually see the display on the printer actually updating with info, nothing is happening.

For a "firmware corrupt ready 2 download" error, you have to connect to the printer using a USB or Parallel data cable (depending on what interface the printer has available) and manually send the firmware file, using a special procedure, to the printer to see if it will fix the problem. More than likely though the formatter is bad and needs to be replaced, as that is why the firmware is corrupt/bad to begin with. Rarely does sending the firmware file correctly resolve this problem, especially on this model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.