Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Problem

Bad Black Supply index description - could be larger than just HP LaserJet Managed MFP E825X0 series.

Firmware versions from 2408071_000103 (datecode 20190630) and newer provide a bad description for Black toner like this:
"cSupplyNameEnumerationPaperTransferBeltWasteMarkerCollector1HP -"

When it should look like this example:
Patrone Schwarz HP W9014MC
(Note: Language could vary but the part identification at the end should be present - like " HP W9014MC")

Here is an example from a live device:
Device/Firmware info:

History of FW changes with dates (yellow shows start of  Supply Description issue)

Problem continues with all newer versions since.

004-FWDateChange-SupplyIssueStart.PNG

Supply Descriptions

OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.6.1.1 (prtMarkerSuppliesDescription.1.1)

002_SupplyDescription.PNG

Here are the Black Supply History results seen in the device

- September 17th was when the FW was updated - also time of error.

003_Supplies-names seen.PNG

Note: Separate issue than recently noted issue "Supplies status missing in third-party printer management software after upgrading firmware to HP Fu..."

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

I know that a recently released firmware 4.10.0.1 is supposed to address this issue. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

4.10.1 addressed an issue of missing description OIDs.😉

Thisd is different, where the description OID for black toner is something other than the typical expected toner description as previously mentioned in the original post.

HP Recommended

BUMP (more findings - please help)

The HP M880 MFP also has a similar problem in its description as well.

Affected version:

Firmware Version: 2408067_049135

Firmware Date: 20190614

Raw data from OID:

Black Toner Description: Toner Collection Unit HP D7H14A

It should say: "Black Cartridge HP 827A (CF300A)"

Description_Problem.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.